Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pineapple Upside Down (Cup) Cake

This cupcake looked delicious. I really can't stress the "looked" enough here. It had perfectly placed frosting. A glowing red, completely round cherry? Even the color of the cake itself drew me to it. But, sadly, there were so many things fundamentally wrong with the cupcake that I don't even know where to begin.

Bland frosting on a cupcake is the ultimate sin; And this cup
cake had it in spades. I still have no idea what the flavor was suppose to be. Creme? Banana? Someone help me out here! Is "nothing" a flavor? I expected it to be a flavor found in most Pineapple Upside Down Cakes...but if it wasn't cherry, pineapple, or various nuts then I'm at a loss.

The cake itself was moist and delicious, yet it contained three giant pieces of pineapple that were more distracting than edible. I've made a Pie Chart to explain my point; but a cupcake should have nothing but cake. If I wanted fruit I'd have eaten a muffin (and I would have certainly have not picked a pineapple muffin). And this pineapple wasn't even fresh. I have cans of Del Monte at home and I'm confident that this is what they used.

This fake muffin just does not pass the test.
Grade: D

No comments:

Post a Comment