Monday, June 15, 2009

Where It All Began

This cupcake blog couldn't have come at a better time - I had the great good fortune of being to visit Cupcake Ground Zero, Sprinkles, the first cupcake bakery in the whole entire world, located in beautiful Beverly Hills, while I was on vacay in sunny California. Big ups to the Fuertes, who heard about CASHRN and thought a trip to Sprinkles would be perfect. I feel sort of bad for the other Cupcakers, who didn't get to experience the magnificence of Sprinkles - sorry, suckas.

Starting top left and moving clockwise: I tried the Black and White, and guest Cupcakers NateDogg, Senor and Senora had the Chocolate Coconut, Red Velvet and Cinnamon Sugar, respectively. I had a little milk with mine, which is how all cuppies should be eaten, I believe.





Sprinkles didn't let me down... how could it? The frosting-to-cake ratio was pretty much perfect, and each was good by itself (certainly the mark of a good cupcake), but the two together were a little bit of heaven in my mouth.






Had to use a fork. Always a good sign.








Mmmmmm.

Sprinkles locations are popping up all over the country, slowly but surely, so I cast my vote for a new store in Nashville. You're welcome, Jenny!

Black and White cuppie from Sprinkles - A-

1 comment:

  1. That looks like one de-licious cuppie, friend! Thanks for showing Nashville some love, too. I'm so glad you're enjoying your vacay!

    ReplyDelete